Please take note of the new race light policy
IMPORTANT: Please take note of the rules and regulations for Penny Farthing racing.
Note that the programme may need to change based on the number of entries.
General admission: adults $5.00, children free
Baked potatoes, smoothies, a coffee and cakes cart, Rotary Club of Geelong West BBQ and cold drinks will be available.
Please note: a recent security upgrade to Mozilla Firefox has resulted in an issue with this payment gateway.
SportsTG are aware of the issue and have advised that any other browser (eg: Google Chrome or Internet Explorer) will allow you to submit your entry securely.
RACES From 10 am. Entry $25.00 per family.
Helmets compulsory, but please dress to complement the age of your bicycle.
Prizes for best presented rider and best dressed spectators.
Medallions awarded to first 3 placegetters plus Sashes for Champions.
- Balance bike event for under 5 years (150m)
- Junior race 5-7 years (1 lap)
- Junior handicap (2 laps)
- Senior handicap
- Vintage racing bike race; including roadsters
- Velocipede race (1 lap on grass)
- Vintage riders (50+) in vintage costume on vintage cycles (pre 1920) (Not penny farthings)
- Hobby Horse Race (1 lap on grass)
PENNY FARTHING EVENTS
IMPORTANT: Please take note of the rules and regulations for racing, and Heats will be conducted if necessary.
- Slow race 25m (last to finish wins)
- Gentlemen’s Championship (4 laps,)
- Ladies’ Championship (2 laps)
- Juniors, Under 16 (2 laps)
- High wheel half mile (2 laps)
- Veterans 50-64 years (2 laps)
- Veterans 65+ (2 laps)
- Penny Farthing Team Pursuit (2 teams of 4)
PRESENTATIONS AT END OF PROGRAMME