2 course buffet meal
General entry $5.00 Adults, Children under 15 Free
Geelong West Rotary Club barbecue, Baked Potatoes, Smoothies & Coffee.
Set up from 7am, Selling from 9am.
$10 PER STALL (PAY ON THE DAY)
Shelters to be weighted with sandbags or water containers.
NO PEGS to be hammered into the ground.
SHOW & SHINE
Entries received from 8am.
$2 per bicycle (PAY ON THE DAY)
Owners must register their names & categories entered with the Show & Shine manager on the day. Owners to supply bike stands.
Show & Shine Categories
- 1880 – 1920
- Vintage bikes, racing & roadsters 1921 – 1960
- Racing bikes 1961 – 1990 (ie not STI)
- Racing bikes 1990 = 2000 (ie with STI)
- Racing bikes, post 2000
- Chainless & unusual drive
- American heavyweight, inc. balloon tyre, tank & muscle bikes
- Best Malvern Star – Original condition
- Best Malvern Star – Restored
- Best restored bicycle
- Best bicycle in original condition
- Best in show
PAUL FARREN MEMORIAL TROPHY to be presented annually to the owner of the best & most “Farrenest” bicycle or tricycle present on the day.
Under 7 & 8-12 years. Entry free
Under 5 & 5-8 years. Entry free
GRAND PARADE of vintage bicycles & tricycles, accompanied by the Geelong West Band.
Fashions on the velodrome
From 10 am
ENTRY $25 PER FAMILY
Helmets compulsory, but please dress to complement the age of your bicycle.
Medals for first 3 placegetters, Sashes for champions. Programme may need to be changed depending on number of entries
Vintage racing bike race
Geelong Cycling Club race(s)
PENNY FARTHING RACES (Note the regulations for Penny Farthing Races.)
Heats will be conducted if necessary.
- Slow Race 25 m. Last to finish wins
- Gentlemen’s Championship. 4 laps
- Ladies’ Championship. 2 laps
- Junior Race (Under 16). 2 laps
- High Wheel Half Mile. 2 laps
- Veterans 50 – 59 years. 2 laps
- Veterans 60 – 69 years. 2 laps
- Veterans 70 and over. 2 laps
- Novice race for non-medal winners. 2 laps
- Penny Farthing Teams pursuit.
PRESENTATIONS AT END OF PROGRAMME.