VICTORIAN PENNY FARTHING CHAMPIONSHIPS, 2016
GEELONG CELEBRATING 150 YEARS OF THE BICYCLE
FIRST PATENT 1866
Geelong West Velodrome, cnr Weddell & Church Sts.
Saturday, November 19th & Sunday November 20th, 2016
Please note: a recent security upgrade to Mozilla Firefox has resulted in an issue with this payment gateway.
SportsTG are aware of the issue and have advised that any other browser (eg: Google Chrome or Internet Explorer) will allow you to submit your entry securely.
CASUAL RIDE with Rod Charles. Vintage or modern.
Meet at Geelong West Velodrome at 1pm.
DINNER 6.30pm at Geelong West Football Club Rooms located at the Geelong West velodrome.
Spit Roast $30.00 per person. Drinks at Bar Prices.
(all at Geelong West Velodrome)
Entry Adults $5.00, Children free
Baked potatoes, a coffee and cakes cart, Rotary Club of Geelong West BBQ and cold drinks will be available.
= 9am =
SWAP MEET from 9am, $10.00 per site. 8 am set up.
SHOW & SHINE from 9am, entry $2.00 per bike. 8 am set up.
The Show & Shine is not limited to the listed categories. Don’t leave your bike home because you think it doesn’t fit a category.
- Pre 1900
- Vintage racing bikes up to 1960; including roadsters
- Racing bikes 1961 – 1985, 1985-2000, 2000+
- American heavy weight; includes balloon tyre, tank bike and muscle bike
- Best Australian built & Best Overseas built
= 10am =
RACES From 10 am. Entry $25.00 per family.
Note that the programme may need to change based on the number of entries.
Helmets compulsory, but please dress to complement the age of your bicycle.
Prizes for best presented rider and best dressed spectators.
Badges awarded to first 3 placegetters plus Sashes for Champions.
- Balance bike event for under 5 years (150m)
- Junior handicap (2 laps)
- Senior handicap
- Russell Mockridge Challenge – one rider at a time against the clock
- Vintage racing bike race; including roadsters
- Velocipede race (1 lap on grass)
- Vintage riders (50+) in vintage costume on vintage cycles (pre 1920) (Not penny farthings)
PENNY FARTHING EVENTS
IMPORTANT: Please take note of the rules and regulations for racing.
- Slow race 25m (Heats of 4, last to finish wins)
- Gentlemen’s Championship (4 laps, heats of 4)
- Ladies’ Championship (2 laps, Heats of 4)
- Juniors, Under 16 (2 laps)
- High wheel half mile (2 laps, Heats of 4)
- Veterans 50-64 years (2 laps)
- Veterans 65+ (2 laps)
- Penny Farthing Team Pursuit (2 teams of 4)
PRESENTATIONS AT END OF PROGRAMME