The 2017 Victorian Penny Farthing Championships & Classic Bike Show
Geelong West Velodrome, cnr Weddell & Church Sts.
Sunday December 3rd, 2017
Please note: a recent security upgrade to Mozilla Firefox has resulted in an issue with this payment gateway.
SportsTG are aware of the issue and have advised that any other browser (eg: Google Chrome or Internet Explorer) will allow you to submit your entry securely.
(all at Geelong West Velodrome)
Entry Adults $5.00, Children free
Baked potatoes, smoothies, a coffee and cakes cart, Rotary Club of Geelong West BBQ and cold drinks will be available.
= 9am =
SWAP MEET from 9am, $10.00 per site. 8 am set up.
SHOW & SHINE from 9am, entry $2.00 per bike. 8 am set up.
The Show & Shine is not limited to the listed categories. Don’t leave your bike home because you think it doesn’t fit a category.
- Pre 1900
- Vintage racing bikes up to 1960; including roadsters
- Racing bikes 1961 – 1985, 1985-2000, 2000+
- American heavy weight; includes balloon tyre, tank bike and muscle bike
- Best Australian built & Best Overseas built
- Chainless & unusual drive
= 10am =
RACES From 10 am. Entry $25.00 per family.
Note that the programme may need to change based on the number of entries.
Helmets compulsory, but please dress to complement the age of your bicycle.
Prizes for best presented rider and best dressed spectators.
Medallions awarded to first 3 placegetters plus Sashes for Champions.
- Balance bike event for under 5 years (150m)
- Junior race 5-7 years (1 lap)
- Junior handicap (2 laps)
- Senior handicap
- Vintage racing bike race; including roadsters
- Velocipede race (1 lap on grass)
- Vintage riders (50+) in vintage costume on vintage cycles (pre 1920) (Not penny farthings)
- Hobby Horse Race (1 lap on grass)
PENNY FARTHING EVENTS
IMPORTANT: Please take note of the rules and regulations for racing, and Heats will be conducted if necessary.
- Slow race 25m (last to finish wins)
- Gentlemen’s Championship (4 laps,)
- Ladies’ Championship (2 laps)
- Juniors, Under 16 (2 laps)
- High wheel half mile (2 laps)
- Veterans 50-64 years (2 laps)
- Veterans 65+ (2 laps)
- Penny Farthing Team Pursuit (2 teams of 4)
PRESENTATIONS AT END OF PROGRAMME